Some expressions for formal emceeing:
- Greeting : Good morning, Good afternoon, Good evening
Welcome to the…
Let me begin by warmly welcome you…
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the..
Let me begin by giving you a warm welcome to…
2) Reading the Agenda
Today’s agenda will be…
First of all, I would like to read for today’s agenda …
The first is …, the second is…, etc
3) Starting the agenda one by one
- Opening prayer
Let’s say our prayer, shall we? …. Thank you.
Let’s open it with a prayer, shall we? …. Thank you.
Have a minute of silence, shall we? …. Thank u
- Announcing the speeches or performance
The first speech is by …
The first speech will be delivered by …
The first speech is going to be delivered by …
- Inviting speakers/performers
Mr./Mrs./Ms. …., please.
Mr./Mrs./Ms. …., the floor is yours.
Thank you so much..
Thank you for …
- Closing prayer
I thank you for coming…
We hope that the program would …
Have a nice day/ Have nice program/
PAY ATTENTION to the following MC performance:
- Voice and intonation
- Expression and Eye Contact
- Body Language
- Verbal Language: formal context and word choice