1- Infinitives are the “to” form of the verb.
The infinitive form of “learn” is “to learn.” You can also use an infinitive as the subject, the complement, or the object of a sentence.
· To learn is important.
· The most important thing is to learn.
· He wants to learn.
2- Infinitives can be made negative by adding “not.”
· I decided not to go.
· The most important thing is not to give up.
3- Some verbs are followed by infinitives
4- Some verbs are followed by a noun +infinitive.
In some situations, the noun is required. In other situations, the noun is optional.
· The police ordered the man to stop. (noun is required)
· She asked to leave. (noun is optional)
· She asked him to leave. (noun is optional)