Words and expressions used in handling guests:
- What can I do for you, Sir?
- We would like to offer you a special floor
- We recommend you to go to ….
- Welcome to our hotel
- I hope you enjoy the food
- I’m sure you’ll enjoy your stay here.Construction with “too + adj (+ for agent) +
Words Eexpressions used in talking about Telephone Handling;
- Who is speaking, please?
- Sorry, the line is engaged
- Ok, I’ll put you through
- Hold on, please.
Complete the missing words in handling guests and the telephone conversations below with the phrases.
1. Assistant : May I help you?
Patient : __________________ (1)
Assistant : Please have a seat. The doctor will be a minute.
Patient : ________________ (2)
2. Doctor : What can I do for you?
Patient : ____________________ (3)
Doctor : What’s the matter?
Patient : _____________________ (4)
3. Doctor : Well, it looks you’ve got the flue. You should stay in bed for a
few days and rest.
Patient : _______________________ (5)
Doctor : You can take some aspirin.
Patient : ______________________ (6)
4. Doctor : How do you feel?
Patient: ____________________ (7)
Doctor : Well, he probably has the flue, too
Patient : ____________________ (8)
Doctor : It should help his aches and pains.
9. A: Hello, is that 32123445?
B : (1) _________________.
10. A : Could I speak to Jane Foker, please?
B : (2) __________________.
11.A : I see. What time will she be available?
B : (3) ____________________
12. A : Right, I’ll be back then. Thanks a lot.
B : (4) _______________________.
A : Bye-bye.
2. Answer key
1. Yes, I have a nine o’clock appointment
2. Thank you
3. I don’t feel well
4. I have a terrible sore throat
5. What should I do for my headache?
7. I feel a little better, but my husband is sick now.
8. Should I give him aspirin?
9.Yes, that’s right. Can I help you?
10.I am afraid she is out at the moment
11.Perhaps she’s late this afternoon
12.You’re welcome. Goodbye